Susan McBride is the USA Today Bestselling author of Blue Blood and four other award-winning Debutante Dropout Mysteries from HarperCollins/Avon, including The Good Girl's Guide To Murder, The Lone Star Lonely Hearts Club, Night Of The Living Deb, and Too Pretty To Die. A sixth title, Say Yes to the Death, will be out in early 2015.
Susan has another series with Avon debuting in May 2014, the River Road Mysteries, starting with To Helen Back. Mad as Helen will follow in July 2014 and Not a Chance in Helen in September 2014. These "Helen" titles will be released in digital first with paperback editions available shortly thereafter.
Susan's young adult thriller, Very Bad Things, will be published in hardcover by Delacorte Press on October 14, 2014.
In addition to her mysteries, Susan has penned three well-received women's fiction titles. The Truth About Love & Lightning (02/13) was selected by Target stores for their Emerging Authors program, was a Midwest Connections Pick, and was dubbed "a poignant page-turner" by Publishers Weekly. Little Black Dress spent five weeks on the St. Louis bestsellers list and was a Target Recommended Read. The Cougar Club was selected by Target Stores as a Bookmarked Breakout Title and named a Midwest Connections Pick by the Midwest Booksellers Association. Foreign editions of Susan's books have been published in France, Turkey, Croatia, and Bulgaria.
Susan has one nonfiction title available: In the Pink: How I Met the Perfect (Younger) Man, Survived Breast Cancer, and Found True Happiness After 40, which tells her tale of becoming an "accidental Cougar" and marrying a younger man, her cancer diagnosis at age 42, and finding herself pregnant at 47.
She has authored several YA non-mystery novels for Delacorte about debutantes in Houston: The Debs (2008) and Love, Lies, And Texas Dips (2009). Gloves Off, the third book, has not been released.
In January of 2012, Susan was named one of St. Louis's "Most Dynamic People of the Year" by the Ladue News. In April of 2012, she was given the "Survivor of the Year" Award by the St. Louis affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. As Susan likes to say, "Life is never boring."
"Great Day St. Louis" (5/28/14): Susan talks about To Helen Back.
- "Great Day St. Louis" (5/28/14): Susan talks about To Helen Back.
- "Great Day St. Louis" (12/9/13): Susan shares her holiday book picks.
- "Great Day St. Louis" (2/13/13): Susan talks about The Truth About Love and Lightning.
- Fox 2 News St. Louis (10/25/12): Susan talks about In the Pink.
- "Great Day St. Louis" (10/3/12): Susan talks about In the Pink.
- "Great Day St. Louis" (5/9/12): Susan and her obstetrician, Dr. Christine Ladd, talk about being pregnant over 40.
- "Great Day St. Louis" (2/13/12)
- Ladue News "Most Dynamic People of the Year" interview (1/26/12)
- Town & Style interview (1/18/12; turn to pg. 24)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (12/15/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (10/12/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (8/23/11)
- St. Louis Beacon review/interview (8/22/11)
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Q&A (8/21/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (7/20/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (5/17/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (3/30/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (2/14/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (1/19/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (12/9/10)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (09/30/10)
- Suburban Woman (7/21/10)
- St. Louis Magazine June 2010 Summer Books List
- "Up Close & Personal" BlogTalkRadio (02/08/10)
- Missouri Life Magazine (October 2009)
- Redbook Magazine (June 2009)
Susan's Literary Agency:
The Jane Rotrosen Agency
318 East 51st Street
New York, NY 10022
To contact Susan:
Right click and select "save as" to download high resolution photos.
Photo Credits: Sarah Crowder/Ladue News